Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Countodown to 30: Day 31 Reflection

In 31 days I'll be the big 3-0! Woot woot! To keep my mind at bay and to keep my creative juices flowing I decided to blog my countdown to 30. These next 31 days will be filled with randomness, joys, pains, and whatever other musings I may be pondering at the moment of publishing. So I hope whomever is reading this enjoys the ride!

So for today...for the past 3 months I have been in a reflective mode. This time last year was really difficult for me. I was jobless, nearly homeless, and in the midst of an ugly divorce. Now just a year later, I've purchased my first home, writing a book, have a fulfilling job, have the best boo love a girl could ever dream and/or pray for and helping others to reach their dreams and goals. Ain't God good! *waves fan and shouts* In my 29 years of life I have truly been blessed and the good times most definitely outweigh the bad. Who knew a little country girl from Bolton, MS who would have accomplished the things that I have. I give all credit to God and to Him placing the best family and friends in my life.

As a kid, you have these dreams of what you are going to be when you "grow up." I remember at the age of 4 I wanted to be a medical doctor and an AKA. I remember wanting to get married and have 5 children, a huge mansion with maids (I despise cleaning and washing dishes but meh), and a multi-millionaire. Well, I obtained a PhD, became an AKA, divorced, no children, no mansion or maid yet lol. I would say so far so good...I'm headed in the right direction :) Now that I'm older and a tad bit wiser my dreams have changed. I still want my mansion and maid lol but I've learned there is more to life than riches and possessions. Friendship, love, companionship are the real treasures. I look forward to someday mothering some children, sooner than later I hope :) but in God's time. I look forward to remarrying and sharing my life with someone who loves me. I look forward to continuing in doing God's work and working in His ministry. I look forward to high stepping into 30 with some Reebok flex or Toms on that is lol.


Until tomorrow...be blessed and be a blessing to someone else!


Signed,

Doc J

No comments:

Post a Comment