Saturday, December 15, 2012

Countdown to 30: Day 27 Heavy Heart

Hey gang! My heart being heavy is two fold on today.....

My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to all those who lost loved ones in the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary school. I can't even imagine or even grasp the emotions, hurt, and pain that these families are enduring right now. This situation sickens me all the way around. How could you hurt innocent little children? This disturbed me to the core. To imagine those babies fearing for their lives is just...ugh. My main issue with all of this is why did the gun man have to go to the elementary school. And if you're going to take your own life anyway, why not just do that from the beginning? Why end other's lives because you're miserable? I'm not an advocate of suicide but if you're going to do it just kill yourself and move on. Sounds a bit harsh but was it really worth killing 27 other innocent people who did absolutely nothing to you. And how could you shoot your own mother? I'm.....speechless. It's not safe to go anywhere nowadays. School is suppose to be a safe haven for children. One has to wonder how could this have been prevented and with dealing with mental illness that is easier said than done. I think it's time for America to incorporate better mental health programs and it's really time for us to start paying attention to the signs. It is very apparent to me that this was a well orchestrated plan. The main problem is that we have taken God out of so many of our daily activities (school, work, etc) that we are leaving the door wide open for Satan to not to have to sneak in but to just walk right in with open arms. Maybe God is trying to get our attention on some things. Maybe it's time we stopped focusing on prosperity and focus on helping others. Not to focus on self but loving others. Not to focus on climbing to the top but lending a helping hand. I don't know the answers but it's just a thought. Needless to say my deepest condolences goes out to the family in CT. I pray God's strength upon you and that you may begin to heal during this horrible tragedy. It is really time to come together as a nation to end this senseless violence.


My heart is also heavy today because today marks one year that the Lord saw fit to take our dear sweet and witty Cryssy. Although I had never met Cryssy in person (we me through Twitter) she really touched my life. We often joked and had very engaging conversations. She was one of THE funniest people I knew and she would have you in tears laughing despite the pain she was enduring. She had a huge heart and loved her babies to death. She passed away due to complications of sickle cell. Sickle cell anemia is a blood disorder that causes the red blood cells to "sickle" or form a crescent shape in times of low oxygen, stress, etc. It causes extreme pain and can lead to organ and vessel damage and/or failure. There is currently no cure for sickle cell and is only treated with pain therapy and blood transfusions. I miss her. There are times that I want to tweet her or DM her. I often look at her twitter page and see the last check in she made to the ER. Times like these you have to cherish the memories. I see updated pics of her babies and they are growing so fast. I can't believe that's it's already been a year. I only hope that when the good Lord calls me home that I leave such a legacy as Cryssy. It's because of her that I was introduced to so really cool people that have not only just been my twitter followers but have become like my family. Family that supported me throughout my divorce, who prayed for me, sent gifts, called, encouraged, visited, etc. I don't know what I would've have done during that time without them. I thank Cryssy for unknowingly placing these people in my life. She also unknowingly helped me to open up and not to be as shy when meeting new people. Cryssy, we miss you so much! Thank you for touching our lives and for being you! Until we meet again....

My take home message for the day....
I don't fully understand why God is allowing such tragedy to occur in the world today but I do know that everything works for the good. I think sometimes we forget that not only is God a loving God but is a jealous God as well. He's slow to wrath but He will do it to get His people in line. Are we listening? Or are we just going to continue to ignore the signs. Hug those you love. Life is short and many are taking it for granted. Call that relative you haven't talked to in years over that $20 he/she owes. Kiss your children and tell them how much you love them, how proud of them you are and what they mean to you. Show love and kindness not only to love ones but to those who may hate you. Pray for them. Allow God's light to shine in your life so that He may be lifted up and you may draw all men unto Him. Cherish the memories of those who have passed on begin to build memories with those who are still around.

Until tomorrow.....love your family, love your neighbor and most importantly love yourself.


Doc J

No comments:

Post a Comment