Friday, December 14, 2012

Countdown to 30: Day 28 I Wonder...

Hey everyone!  I'm still coming down from my high of last nights episode of scandal and the fact that I have to wait until January 10th to find out what the what is going on! Darn you Shondra Rhimes! *waves fist whilst wall sliding* Any way *inserting huge eye roll while inserting large smackage of lips* On a more serious note.....Those who are close to me and who follow me know that my mom passed away when I was 4 after giving birth to my brother. Our birthdays are a day apart. She would've been 51. I often questioned why God would take our mom at such a young age. I also have many questions about her but I'll first begin with my memories of her. I remember her homemade ice cream. Man that was some delicious ice cream. I remember her sewing room. I remember one time the toilet flooding in the sewing room. I remember her cooking Chinese food. I remember her scent and how she would rock me to sleep. I remember I would wake up in the middle of the night and get in the bed with my parents but would always wake up the next morning in my bed lol. I remember trying to keep us out of the rise bushes and me out of trees lol. Why was I climbing trees you ask. To catch birds for my cat duh lol. I remember our carport always smelling horrible from the food out cat would catch and devour in the carport. I also remember the day she died. It was July 1, 1987. I was helping her get things together for the birth of my brother. She birthed all of us at home and had a midwife. I remember being excited about being a big sister again. She delivered a 9 lb baby boy. I came into the room and I saw my mom and my new brother. I was then rushed out of the room. My last visual memory of my mom was through a peep hole in the door. She was pale and didn't look well. I looked around the room and saw my dad and other relatives crying. I knew something was wrong. The ambulance arrived and I was later told that she had died on the way to the hospital. I cried for years. I still cry sometimes, especially during holidays or special occasions. I am happy that I do have some memories of her.

I wonder how she felt when she found out she was pregnant with me. How did she find out? How did she break the news to my dad? What was delivery like? I do know that I was a stubborn one when it came time for me to come. How did she prepare for my arrival? Did she want to choke my dad during labor lol? As you can see I have questions lol. I do know this one thing, i have never heard not one bad thing about my mom. She was loved by many and is missed by many even after 25 years. I wonder was she just as goofy as I am. I've heard that I have many of her mannerisms and her temperament. I am honored when people look at me they see her. Even after 25 years, it's hard for some to see me without tearing up which to me means that my mom meant a lit to them. I remember a few years ago I was walking to the church to hear my dad preach and this guy stopped and looked at me and he called me Nephthy, which was my mom's nickname. I smiled and told him I was her daughter. He was like wow you look exactly like your mom. I'm glad because my mom was hot!!! Lol.

I can't wait to see my mom again in heaven. I have so many questions I want to ask her but most importantly I just want to be in her arms again. To tell her all about my joys and pains of life. To tell her that she blessed us with her hips and cursed us with her lazy eye especially your grandson lol. My take home message for the day is to honor your mother while she is living. If I could have just 1 day with my mom i would definitely take it. There is no love like a mother's love and I hope I will be a great woman and mother like my mom. So to you mommy, I love you and miss you more than words can express. I know that you're smiling down on me and hope that you are proud of the woman that I'm becoming.

Until tomorrow.... do something nice for your mother she deserves it!

Love,

Doc J

No comments:

Post a Comment