Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Countdown to 30: Day 30 Bitten by the Love Bug

Hey guys! So today I have been bitten by the bug of love. In previous post, I've talked about my fears of dating and loving again. My friends and siblings had been on me about not dating or at least getting out and getting a free meal here and there. I told them I wasn't ready and really didn't trust menfolk all to much. Six months ago, my sister was purchasing a car. She asked for my help so I had to go up to the dealership to give her the money. I was fighting so hard not to have to go up there because I was sick. How sick was I you ask? Great question! I had sinusitis, laryngitis and fluid draining into my lungs so yeah I was pretty sick and couldn't talk at all. I looked a hot mess going into the dealership but I didn't care. In and out was all I was thinking. Soooo...I walked in and I see my sister. She introduces me to her salesman. I see this tall, dark skinned, bow legged man. He was really cute but like I said, I was sick and I could care less about a man. I gave him the money and was on my way to the couch to rest. My sister calls me that night and asked me what I thought of Jeffery. Who is Jeffery and why are you not here with my orange juice?  is all I could ask. She goes on about the salesman and how she thinks I should go out with him. No thank you ma'am! The next day....she spills his resume'. Ok how old is he? No ma'am! I don't do younger men. These phone calls continued for 3 weeks. 3 LOOOONNNGGG weeks. Then she calls my brother and he calls me fussing that I need to go out with this dude. It was just a date not a marriage. Sigh...my family...lol. So I gave the ok to give "Jeffery" my number with the lowest of expectations ever. We went on a date which I thought went well but I was very reserved and nervous as all get out. I hadn't dated in over 5 years. He was very intelligent and well spoken but again I had my reservations. I placed him in the friend zone and we text on occasions. One day I decided to give him a REAL chance so I asked him out to breakfast. We had a blast. We had gut busting laughter and realized that we had many things in common. This was the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

Fast forward to six months later.....
I love this man so much. He has been a pivotal part of my healing process and my growth emotionally and spiritually. I feel like a high school teenager every single day that I'm with him. I don't think I've ever smiled this hard ever in my life. The happiness I feel when I'm with him leaves me speechless. He treats me like a queen, listens to me, offers assistance in every aspect of my life and has helped to motivate me to go after my dreams. He surprises me with flowers,he cooks *waves church fan cause I love to eat*,  we exercise together, and he asks me daily what can he do to make my life less stressful. *swoon* He has introduced me to a totally different way of life and I have introduced him to the world of traveling and vacationing (those who know me know I LOVE to travel :) ) He's very in tuned to my needs, my heart. He knows when I'm hurting and holds me when I am. He wipes away my tears and shares in my joys, pains, and sorrows. Did I say that I LOVE this man lol. I thank God daily for him and I look forward to a future with him. I never thought I would be able to love again but he makes it so easy. I remember tweeting about 8 months ago that I couldn't wait for God to bless me with a tall, dark skinned, baritone man. Not only did God show up but showed out when he sent this sexy man my way lol. And to think I almost missed out on my blessing because of a small age difference and my stubbornness. If going through all the foolishness from my past is what I had to go through to get to boo love, I'm very thankful and he was so worth it. I appreciate him more than I think he'll ever know.

So what's my take home message from all of this you ask? God is faithful to those who are faithful to him. If you seek Him first and His righteousness He will bless you with the desires of your heart. My biggest desire has been to have a family and to share my life with someone that not only loves me but loves the Lord. This man adores me. The pride he shows when I'm on his arm makes me blush daily. I know my worth and am blessed that I have a man that knows my worth. I'm thankful for not only his love, but God's love and for now truly loving myself. And I'm happy to be stepping into 30 with him by my side. So to Jeffery, my boo stank, thank you so much for all that you do, those things small and large. I love you very much and I hope that I make you as happy as you make me. I look forward to our future together and one day becoming your wife and having your mulatto babies lol. Thank you for being you, being supportive, and a major part of my healing. I love you so much! It feels so great to be in LOVE!


Until tomorrow loves!

Doc J









Our Song: *blushes*

2 comments:

  1. Now how I managed to come across this post...no...even more so, your blog...is beyond me...but this is beautiful...you deserve it. You always seemed like a really sweet person, the few times that we hung out. I'm happy for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete