Friday, January 4, 2013

Countdown to 30: Day 8 Pennies

Hey gang. Due to popular demand I'm going to tell you the pennies story that I referenced in a previous post.

A little background. During this time, my divorce was final but I hadn't completely moved on. That bond between husband and wife, no matter how dysfunctional it is, is real son! Some of this inability to move on was due to him saying what he knew I wanted to hear. "I made a mistake. I should have never divorced you. I'm going to do what it takes to make this right." -_- Wellll....only thing was he was all talk. Not a narry action. We were still conversing and spending time with one another but he never came to visit me. Why you ask? Because for some reason he said he didn't want to know where I lived. -_- Needless to say he didn't see me that often unless we met somewhere. I knew I had to stop this destructive behavior or I would be right back in the dysfunctional relationship. Soooo....we had went to New Orleans together to take his son to see Monday Night Raw. By this time my detachment from him was becoming stronger. While sitting down I made the joke that I hope none of his women watches WWE because we were sitting directly in front of the camera. No lie, about 5 minutes later I get a text from an unrecognizable number saying that I needed to leave her man, and she called him by name, alone. People I can't make this stuff up. Of course I ask the logical question of who art thou and why are you texting me and not "yo man." She proceeds to tell me that she knew that he was out of town and that I needed to leave him be. Welp boo I know he's out of town too because we were together. I guess he forgot to tell her that tidbit of info. *shrugs* I laugh it off because now that just put the nail in the coffin and hey it's not like we're together. Why would I get mad. Do you boo boo! Oh so another tidbit about my ex is that he is all about his money. In the divorce settlement, he left me with nothing. Let's remember, I had no job and he was the breadwinner throughout our marriage because I was still in school. So after we made it back from the trip, I got really sick. He called to check on me and asked if I needed anything. I said yes some orange juice. He said well I can meet you. -_- Sir if you don't have some seats. If I can meet you I can get my own OJ. So throughout the night he's texting asking me if I was ok and I'm snapping off. He texts me that morning and I'm still snapping off. Other exchanges were made and by the end of day I was told that he never wanted to talk to me again in life and by golly I was darn Gucci with his decision. Not a single tear was shed or a care given.



Months pass, I've moved on, met boo love and life is great. Hadn't thought about the little man struck with Napoleon syndrome in God knows how long. Out of the blue I get a text saying that I had an old bill from when I was on his insurance. Of course I ignore the text because you never want to talk to me again in life remember sir. So the next day I get an email stating that he had text me the day prior and he attached a copy of the bill. Y'all guess how much this bill was....$40.19. Dude really? You're texting and emailing me over $40.19. Sir times are not hard for you. Goonah with your foolery. Of course, I ignored it. Then the next day while parlaying with boo love, I get a text asking if I had gotten his email. My blood started to boil. Are you seriously hounding me over $40.19 sir!!!! So I text my goons and express my strong dislike for the man I use to call husband. Most of the goons told me I should pay it and get him out of my hair but I wasn't happy with that option. Then one sorority sister suggested that I send him the money in pennies. *light bulb* GENIUS! *muah* I have a cousin that works at a bank. I call her up and tell her that I needed $40 in pennies. I already had the other part. I roll by there and she hooks me up. Those darn pennies were HEAVY! I felt it would be to easy to just give it to him rolled up already so I took a box and unrolled all those pennies! Man was that not liberating and therapeutic. As I was unrolling them, I started to imagine him counting all those pennies. *evil laugh whilst doing the Birdman hand rub* All I kept thinking was that Coinstar was going to have a new customer! Lol. So I box the pennies and wrote a note that said "Here is your $40.19!" The next day, I left them at his doorstep. I received a text from him later that day saying "Wow! Really? Pennies?" And that was that! *files nails*




No take home message today kids....just hope you were entertained! :-)

Until tomorrow.....

Love,

Doc J

No comments:

Post a Comment