Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Countdown to 30: Day 11 A New Year

Happy New Year loves! I hope everyone's new year has started off great! I know yesterdays post was a little light hearted and comical today I'm gonna reflect a little over 2012 and my plans for 2013.

The beginning of 2012 was really hard for me. My ex husband had left me, no money, no job, and not knowing where I was going to live. Soon afterwards he filed for divorce and to add insult to injury left me with nothing but a enjoy your debt free life and move on. But God.....let me tell you! I was blessed with a job, a brand new home and money in my bank account. *praise Him* The latter part of the year I let go of my ex and opened my heart to loving again and met boo love. And that's the abridged version of 2012!

My vision/goals for 2013....

1. Finish my book. Writing has been a difficult and emotional journey for me. In the beginning writing was out of sheer anger. Anger at him and anger at myself but once I truly forgave him I became at peace and was able to just write. Yes with emotion but with also a purpose.

2. Lose weight. I am the master of losing weight. I'm just horrible at keeping it off. This year I commit to losing 40 lbs and keeping it off. I blame my weight gain on boo love. (someone has to take the blame might as well be him lol)

3. Business venture. I have no clue what I'm doing here but I have a dream and a vision. I know that God will place the right people in my life to get the ball rolling!

4. Commitment to God. There are so many things I want to do for the advancement of the kingdom and I'm praying that I can get a full time day job so that these dreams can become reality. I feel that so many souls can be won in this venture and I'm Uber excited!

5. Love. Loving even when others hate me. Helping even when I'm talked about. Praying even when I'm misused. Love cures all. I'm committing to loving more.

6. Time management. I've told you all that I'm a chronic procrastinator. This year I will be organized, setting goals and deadlines and not waiting until the last minute to do so.

7. Vision board. I'm embarrassed to say that after a whole year I have yet to complete my vision board. It will definitely be completed by the end of the month and I'll post a pic up. Hold me to it!

8. Just letting God use me. I don't know what 2013 holds for me but I'm excited about where God takes me. As long as He is with me I know I'll be alright!

9. Sat down. I'm going to do more chilling and relaxing this year. I'm always on the go and it's time that I just breathe! This will definitely be hard for me. Pray for me!

10. Family. I'm going to enjoy my family more. Not just my immediate family but my church family as well. I plan to visit friends more and enjoy God's gift of family, friendship and fellowship!

Take home message...
I was tried in the fire in 2012 but in 2013 I'm coming out as gold. Trust in the Lord with all your might and lean not to your own understanding. I don't know how but I know who and my God is a good God and worthy to be praised. Thank you Lord for blessing me to see a new year! I love you all!

Until tomorrow....

Doc J

No comments:

Post a Comment