Thursday, January 10, 2013

Countdown to 30: 2 Days Left!!!

*toe touches* 2 Days Left! *moonwalks*

My vacay so far has been amaze balls y'all! The weather here has been just beautiful. This humidity though lol....It is keeping my natural tresses super moisturized so...*double fist pump* I'm going to be like little Michael Jackson on American Dream when he didn't want to board the plane come Monday. So serious.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT TODAY IS GUYS! SCANDAL! *throws confetti* And I don't know how but I'm going to find a way to watch it lol. So any who, on yesterday I mostly relaxed on the beach, sipped on my virgin daiquiri, read a little, worked out, and ate THE MOST delicious meals of my life. I had the best jerk chicken in life on yesterday. *YES LAWD* At breakfast, the chef was fixing my omelet and she's staring at me as if she knows me or something. I smile and shrug it off. She finally asks, are you an actress? *giggles* I told her I wasn't and she responds with, "you look like this African actress in a movie that I saw." Let me tell you why I was so humbled yet felt like I had made it in life. 1. She thought I was African! I have finally made it to be in the number of my descendents in the motherland. How clutch is that?!? I've gotten Indian (India), Native American, and even Hawaiian but African! YES *double fist pumps and with a c-walk*  and 2. She was so sincere. I didn't have anything special on but to think I looked like an actress...double clutch with a dap! She was almost star struck and I was like no baby I'm just a regular ole tourist enjoying my vacay. *although it was funny that she asked boo love was he born in Africa. Ha!* Also, at lunch, boo love was crying laughing because one of the waiters tripped from staring at me. It was weird but those who know me know my sense of humor when it comes to anyone falling, especially little kids. I am in real tears lol. Although, I want to head butt some of these Jamaican women for looking at boo love but I take it as a complement and again am humbled. He is quite sexy so I don't blame them. :-) This vacay really came right on time. To be calm and at peace...all I can say is thank you Lord!

On my balcony there is a swing that overlooks the whole resort. I have been on that swing like a little kid. It takes me back to so many fond memories. It took me back to how my mom used to rock me to sleep and my times growing up in the deep country of Bolton. It was good to sit back and reminisce of days of old with a smile. Although, I did have a tear up moment when I thought about my mom's bday being on the 11th and wishing should could be here to enjoy the beauty of Jamaica. I know she's smiling down from heaven.

Take home message....
Enjoy the simple things in life: the breeze of the air, the smell of the air, the trees, family, etc. Take time out to pamper yourself and to just step away from the craziness that is life. Humble yourself. I could have taken that compliment and ran to the hills with it but instead I giggled. It was cute lol. But, I am indeed thankful to have been blessed with the opportunity to be where I am. 30 definitely doesn't look so bad anymore.

Until tomorrow....Love yourselves and each other.

Love,

Doc J

No comments:

Post a Comment