Tuesday, August 27, 2013

25 Days!! Open Letter to Music

Hey Gang! 25 Days and I'm really starting to feel anxious! Sorry for the 2 day hiatus. I was exhausted after my surprise party *thanks again guys, you rock!*, church, spending time with my family, working on programs, seating charts, etc etc. I needed some rest. I knew if I wrote anything it would look like this: ajdjadoiejakdjaoinreihaihd so yeah.... Anywho, after hearing about Miley Cyrus's performance and seeing the priceless pic of the Smith family's reaction to it AND Robine Thicke looking like Beetlejuice -_-, I decided today to write an open letter to the music industry. Here goes....

Dear Music,

I love music. There are many songs that have been the soundtrack to my life. But today, I'm so disappointed. I'm so confused. Let me explain. I watched parts of the VMA's and not only was I like 0_0 I also hung my head in shame. Not only did Miley Cyrus look a hot mess did you not hear that voice or the lack thereof. I....sigh.... MJ is spinning and moonwalking all over his grave right now at the foolishness. I really want to love music again but you guys make it so hard.

Justin Timberlake, thank you for giving me life! Thank you for bringing back R&B. And that performance....YES I LIVE!!!! Although I still throw a little shade at you for throwing my girl Janet Jackson under the bus *no I never forgot* I can't stay mad at you because you are actually making me like music again. Please don't go that long without giving us greatness. MMMKay?

Miley Cyrus.... See these --> _/ _/ _/ Have all of them. As a matter of fact put super glue on them and never get up. Please...all of America is begging for this.

Robin Thicke...sir...this lawsuit...really. As much as I love blurred lines, when I first heard it all I could think is man they must have put their on little twist on Marvin Gaye's song. Sounds fresh. I think you've been smoking too much OOOO WEEE if you know what I mean so yeah...no....smh.....

Janet Jackson....Can you Puhleeassseee get back in the studio with Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. Your whispers had purpose and we so need it right now. So you can show Ciara how it's really done. Thank you. I would really appreciate it.

Miguel...I have a love/hate relationship with you. Your album is great but live you sound a little flat. Maybe you should drink some tea before the show or practice or something...I can't quite put my finger on it but something ain't right.

Rap music.....ummmm...I love ratchet music just like the next person but can we please get something of some substance every now and then. That would be amaze balls.

Conrad Murray...I still wanna pimp slap you. Every day I fall to my knees and ask why did you have to take such greatness away from us. You robbed us of one of the GREATEST comebacks ever!!! Could you imagine what music would be like right now would be like if MJ was still here?!? He would probably challenge y'all to do better and GET YO LIFE! I really wanna punch you sir....no really I do!

There are so many others I would like to call out right now but time and my heart won't allow me. I think we as consumers are part to blame in this because we keep supporting foolery. There are artists with amazing talent and just continue to put out garbage. Please do better. I think the world is yearning for some good music right about now. To those who are still working it... thank you. It's because of you that people actually still go out and by CDs. If you lack talent....just have a seat and STOP IT mmmkay?!?


Well until tomorrow......

Hoping Music Changes,

Doc J

No comments:

Post a Comment