Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 1: 31 Day Reset


This is my second go around with the 31 Day Reset. My first reset I didn't complete due to procrastination and too many excuses. I'm committed to completing this reset this go around. I have to and my new life depends on it. I did the reset about 7 months ago. My life during that time was quite hectic and literally falling apart. I am most definitely in a different space. I am newly divorce, afraid of dating but want to, writing a book and am ready to embark on new challenges in my life. The funny thing about all of this that my coworker came to me one morning and said that was going to apologize for fussing at me one morning but after praying about it God told her not to celebrate my mediocrity. I don't even remember her fussing at me. One thing I can say is that what she said to me was so profound. When it came to many aspects of my life I was really settling for mediocrity. I was not at my full potential and truly settled for less in many areas of my life. I truly thank God for placing that on my coworkers heart and for her sharing that with me. (Thanks Mrs. Charlotte) For the first time in my life, I am really focusing on me and will no longer settle for mediocrity. So here we go!

Mantra:
“Some periods of our growth are so confusing that we don’t even recognize that growth is happening…Those long periods when something inside ourselves seems to be waiting, holding its breath, unsure about what the next step should be, eventually become the periods we wait for, for it is in those periods that we realize that we are being prepared for the next phase of our life and that, in all probability, a new level of the personality is about to be revealed.” - Alice Walker

Theme Song(s):
I have two theme songs for this reset.
Song #1 is Unbreakable by Michael Jackson



2011 and the beginning of 2012 seemed to have a vendetta out against me but the devil is a liar!

Song #2 I Win by Marvin Sapp



Awesome song! Awesome Album!

Until next time:
Love,
Doc J

2 comments:

  1. Great read! Congratulations on your new life! May your journey bring you nothing but pure happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun! It's great to start anew!

    ReplyDelete